In the last post, we have seen how to execute appium tests in parallel using Selenium Grid. In this post, I’m going to show you how we can use OpenSTF, a Smartphone Test Farm – open source tool and execute our tests in parallel.
First clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/email2vimalraj/appium-stf-example.git
Now let’s setup the required tools:
- OpenSTF – Kindly follow the github instructions to install the openstf in your local machine
- Appium – Download and install as per the documentation
- Make sure your stf is running.
- Generate the Access Token from your stf settings page and copy it to your clipboard. (Settings > Keys > + > Give some title > Generate New Token).
- Open src/test/java/com/vimalselvam/stf/AndroidTest and change the following:
- STF_SERVICE_URL to your actual STF URL.
- ACCESS_TOKEN to the copied access token from the step #2.
- Update parallelDp data provider method to the list of device serial ids connected to your machine.
- From terminal, cd to the cloned directory and run mvn clean test.